One more attempt on trying fusion food, an Indian-Mexican dish. Hope you enjoy it!!!
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 20 mins
- Taco Shells – 4
- Kidney Beans – 1/2 cup (boiled with salt, as per taste)
- Potato – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Sweet corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (seeded and finely chopped)
- Onion – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – as needed
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Desi Taco:
- Take a bowl. Add tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, 1/2 ground black pepper powder, lemon juice and salt. Mix. Salsa is ready and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add potatoes, red chilli powder, 1/2 ground black pepper and salt. Mix well. Cover it and cook till potatoes are soft
- Remove the lid and cook on high flame for a minute to make the potatoes crispy. Potatoes are ready. Keep aside
- Warm tacos as per instructions on the pack
- Now take a taco shell. Start putting the layers of kidney beans, crispy potatoes, sweet corn and salsa
- Your Desi Tacos are ready. Serve Immediately.