Pasta recipes are always quick and easy to make. In this recipe the tanginess of tomatoes and sweetness of sweet corn makes it delish.
Cheese or Cream Tip: I did not add any cheese or cream to this recipe, you can add if desired.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Pasta (of your choice) – 1.5 cups
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Tomato – 4 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 9-10 (or 1 tsp dried basil leaves)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Red Sauce Sweet Corn Pasta:
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the pack. While pasta is cooking, take a blending jar. Add tomatoes, basil leaves and garlic. Blend to a little coarse paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add butter and tomato paste. Cook for 3-4 mins
- Add chilli flakes, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Also add the sweet corn. Mix and cook for a minute. Add cheese or cream at this step if desired
- Red Sauce Sweet Corn Pasta is ready. Serve hot.