Pasta recipes are always quick and easy to make. Red Sauce Pasta has always been my favorite. In this recipe I have also added sweet corns in the sauce and the combination is delicious, and it’s totally optional. I have used fresh basil leaves, if you do not have fresh basil then add 1 tsp of dried basil leaves. I have made it a bit spicy too, you can adjust the spice level as per your taste.
Cheese or Cream Tip: I don’t add much of cheese or cream to my pasta and if you can’t imagine your pasta without these then add it at step 6 in the recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Pasta (of your choice) – 1.5 cups
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled) (optional)
- Tomato – 4 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 9-10 (roughly chopped or torn)
- Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Water – to cook pasta
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Red Sauce Pasta:
- Boil water with salt. Add pasta and cook as per the instructions on the pack
- While pasta is cooking, take a blending jar. Add tomatoes, basil leaves and garlic. Blend to a little coarse paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add butter and tomato paste. Mix. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins
- Add chilli flakes, ground black pepper, oregano and salt. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add sweet corn and mix
- Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Mix and cook for a minute. Add cheese or cream at this step if desired
- Red Sauce Pasta is ready. Serve hot.