Aloo Beans is always easy to cook. This is recipe quite similar to the regular recipe, difference is we add Black Cumin (Kalonji) to it instead of Cumin Seeds and cook it in Mustard Oil. This gives it the awesome pickle flavor.
Also try: Capsicum Aloo.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Green Beans – 2 cups (chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (chopped into small cubes)
- Black Cumin Seeds (Kalonji) – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp (you can use another oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Beans:
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Let it smoke for a minute. Then turn the flame to medium and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add black cumin seeds. Let it splutter
- Add chopped green beans and potatoes
- Add spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well
- Cover and cook on low flame until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally
- Once potatoes are soft uncover and cook on high flame for a minute or two to make it a little crispy
- Your Aloo Beans is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.