I have shared a recipe for Aloo Beans earlier and it had the pickle like flavor. This recipe is a little different. It’s not completely dry as it has tomatoes. I have prepared it in a pressure cooker, you even use a pan or a kadai with a lid.
Also try: Aloo Beans with Pickle Flavor.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Green Beans – 1 1/2 cups (chopped, it’s approx 300 grams)
- Potatoes (Aloo) – 2 medium (cut in cubes)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (puree)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/5 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Msala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Aloo Beans:
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let it splutter
- Add ginger garlic paste. Saute
- Add onions and green chilli. Saute till translucent
- Add tomato. Saute and add spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder
- Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add potatoes, beans, salt and water. Mix well
- Close the lid and let the first whistle blow on a high flame. Then turn the flame to low and let two more whistles blow. Turn off the flame and do not release the pressure
- Once pressure has settle down open the lid. Add garam masala powder and mix
- Your Aloo Beans with Tomatoes is ready. Serve hot with Phulkas.