Aloo Pakora is a popular Indian snack, it is a quick snack made with sliced potatoes dipped in gram flour batter and then deep fried. It is a perfect snack for tea time and especially on a rainy day. Enjoy them with Green Chutney or Tamarind Chutney.
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Potato – 1 large or 2 medium (cut into round thin slices)
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to Aloo Pakoras:
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix
- Add 1/4 cup water and whisk to make a smooth batter, add another 1/8 cup water or more to get a medium consistency
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai or a pan
- Take a slice of potato and dip it in the batter, cover it properly in the batter and then drop it in the hot oil. Deep fry until golden, drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Aloo Pakoras are ready, serve hot with Green Chutney, Imli Chutney or ketchup along with tea or coffee.