These beautiful and delicious looking veg cutlets are made with paneer (Indian cottage cheese), potato, green peas, sweet corn and a few spices. The binding agent is oats and these are pan fried, which makes them healthy. You can also air-fry them.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Cooking – 10 mins, Total – 35 mins.
Servings: makes 8-10 cutlets.
- Boiled Potatoes – 1 large (grated)
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 100 grams (crumbled)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (fine chopped)
- Ground Oats – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil to pan fry the tikkis
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Veg Cutlet:
- Take a grinding jar and add green peas & sweet corn. Grind to a coarse paste and transfer it to a mixing bowl
- Add potatoes, paneer, ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves, ground oats, cumin powder, chaat masala powder and salt. Mix until combined well, it’ll be sticky but doable. Let it rest for 15 mins
- Mix again after 15 mins and it’ll be less sticky as oats will absorb the moisture. Make desired shape cutlet out of the mix
- Heat some oil in a pan and place the cutlets. Cook until crisp and brown from both the sides
- Your Veg Cutlets are ready. Serve with some green chutney, tzatziki or ketchup.