When the refrigerator is loaded with veggies then such ideas pop up in your mind. I almost added all the veggies available. You can even add vegetables of your choice to it and replace the white rice with the brown rice if you wish to make to it more healthy. Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins
- Rice – 1/2 cup (rinsed and soaked for 20 mins)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Potato – 1 small-medium (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Tomato – 2 medium (chopped)
- Spinach – 100 grams (chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut in small cubes)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Vegetable Rice:
- Cook soaked rice, in whatever way you prefer
- While rice is cooking, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add potatoes and salt
- Saute and cover. Cook till potatoes are soft. Keep aside
- Heat remaining oil in a pan or a kadai. Add onions, capsicum and green chillies. Saute till onions are light golden brown
- Add grated carrots and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 mins
- Add spinach. Cook until moisture from the spinach is absorbed
- Add cooked rice, paneer, sweet corn, cooked potatoes, cumin powder, ground black pepper and salt. Gently mix without breaking the rice
- Your Vegetable Rice is ready. Serve hot!!!