Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 3 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 4
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup or as required
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Makhani:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai and add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and cashews. Cook until tomatoes are soft
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now blend it to a fine paste. Keep it aside
- Heat butter in a pan or a kadai and add tomato paste along with 1/4 cup water. Cover it and cook for 4-5 mins on medium flame
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix and cook covered for another 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add crushed kasuri methi, cream and garam masala. Mix and cook for a min
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Your Paneer Makhani is ready. Serve hot with your favorite bread or rice.