I always love to have a variety of options for breakfast. This one is a little healthy yet delicious. I have used three different types of flour for making this cheela. The stuffing is quite simple. Hope you guys enjoy it!!!
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 50 mins
- Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- Semolina (Sooji) – 1/2 cup
- Flaxseed Powder – 1/4 cup
- Curd (Yogurt or Dahi) – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 3/4 cup (crushed)
- Ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 1/4 cups or as required
- Green Chutney – 3 tbsp (recipe here)
- Oil – for shallow frying the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: – 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Stuffed Multigrain Cheela:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour, sooji, flaxseed powder and curd. Mix with a whisk or spoon
- Add 1 cup of water and salt. Mix well till you get the smooth consistency. Keep aside for 20 mins
- Add another 1/4 cup of water or as required and mix. Keep aside the batter
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions and capsicum. Cook till onions are translucent
- Add paneer, ketchup, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins. Keep aside the stuffing
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa. Pour a few drops of oil
- Spread a ladle full of batter on the tawa and make a circle. Cook till golden-brown
- Pour a few more drops and flip. Cook the other side in similar way
- Prepare rest of the cheelas and keep aside
- Take a cheela and place on a flat surface. Spread some green chutney and place desired quantity of the stuffing in the center
- Roll from both sides and your Stuffed Multigrain Cheela is ready. Enjoy!!!