A healthy option for breakfast. The batter for these cheelas (Indian pancakes) is prepared by mixing four different types of flour. Then we make cheelas out of it and stuff them with a delicious stuffing. Hope you enjoy it.
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Wheat Flour – 1/3 cup
- Semolina (Sooji) – 1/3 cup
- Ground Oats – 1/3 cup
- Flaxseed Powder – 1/8 cup
- Curd (Yogurt or Dahi) – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium-large (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 (finely chopped)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1 cup (crushed)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Ketchup – 2-3 tbsp
- Green Chutney – as needed (recipe here)
- Oil – for pan frying the cheelas + 1 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cup or as required
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Stuffed Multigrain Cheela:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour, ground oats, semolina, flaxseed powder and curd. Mix with a whisk or spoon
- Add 1 cup of water and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 15 mins
- Add another 1/4-1/2 cup of water or as required and mix. Batter should be of medium consistency. Keep aside the batter
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions and capsicum. Cook till onions are translucent
- Add paneer, ketchup, ground black pepper and salt. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins. Keep aside the stuffing
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa. Pour a few drops of oil. Spread a ladle full of batter and spread to make a circle. Cook till golden-brown
- Pour a few drops and flip. Cook the other side in the similar way. Your cheela is ready. Similarly prepare rest of the cheelas and keep aside
- Take a cheela and place on a flat surface. Spread some green chutney and place desired amount of the stuffing in the center
- Roll from both sides and your Stuffed Multigrain Cheela is ready. Enjoy!!!