Aloo Pyaaz Kachori is a famous Rajasthani snack. It is mostly on the menu of many fast food shops all across India. The stuffing for the kachoris is made out of onions and potatoes. The delicacy is enjoyed with Tamarind Chutney and Green Chutney.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- All-Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1/2 cup
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (peeled and grated)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black Cumin Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/3 tsp
- Oil – for frying the kachoris + 4 tbsp
- Water – for the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Kachori:
- Take whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of oil and salt. Mix
- Add water as needed and make a soft smooth dough. Keep aside for 20 mins
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add crushed coriander seeds, fennel seeds and black cumin seeds. Saute till aromatic
- Add ginger and green chilli. Saute for a few seconds. Add onions and cook till onions are translucent
- Add gram flour, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix
- Add potatoes, dry mango powder and salt. Mix and cook for 4-5 mins on medium flame. Keep aside the stuffing
- Take the dough and knead it once again. Divide the dough into equal sized balls
- Take a dough ball and grease it with a few drops of oil. Roll it into a circle of 3 inches diameter
- Place around 2 tbsp of filling in the centre. Bring the edges together and seal it well
- Now grease your fingers in a little oil and flatten the kachori and make a circle of around 2 – 2.5 inches diameter
- Meanwhile heat enough oil to fry the kachoris. When oil is hot drop the kachori carefully. Deep fry from both the sides.
- Drain them on a kitchen paper towel. Your Aloo Pyaaz Kachori is ready. Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney and Green Chutney.