An easy and appetising rice recipe, to make this you’ll need onions, tomatoes and some sweet corn along with a few spices.
Also try: Indian Mexican Rice.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Rice – 1/2 cup (soaked for 15 mins)
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 medium (chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked rice and add it to a saucepan along with the water. Cover and bring it to boil. Turn the flame to low and now keep it half covered, cook until water is completely absorbed. Turn off the flame and let it rest for 5 mins. Your rice is ready, keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute until translucent
- Add tomatoes, coriander powder, ground black pepper and chilli flakes. Saute until oil starts to separate
- Add sweet corn, cooked rice, coriander leaves and salt. Mix and cook for a min or two
- Your Sweet Corn Rice is ready. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy!!!