Quinoa and sweet corn make a dainty combination. A healthy and tasty meal to relish!!!
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Boiled Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 1 clove (grated)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Sweet Corn Quinoa:
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa and add to a saucepan along with the water. Bring it to boil, then turn the flame to low and cover. Cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add tomatoes and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add boiled sweet corn, cooked quinoa and salt. Mix well and cook for about 2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Sweet Corn Quinoa is ready. Serve Hot.