Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 25 Mins.
- Eggplant – 1.5 cup (peeled and chopped)
- Potato – 2 medium (peeled and chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp (you can use any other oil as well)
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Baingan Dry:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a minute then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Add eggplant and saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame
- Add potatoes, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chana masala powder & salt and mix well. Cover and cook on low flame until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix well. Your Aloo Baingan Dry is ready.