Moong Dal Cheela is a super delish and a healthy breakfast option. This recipe is similar, just that we add paneer (Indian cottage cheese) to it and this makes it more filling & tasty.
Also try: Paneer Stuffed Besan Cheela.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Soaking – 4 hours, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 4.5 hours
- Moong Dal Dhuli (Split & Skinned Mung Beans) – 1 cup (soak for 4-5 hours or overnight
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup or as required (grated or crumbled)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander Leaves – about 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup or as required
- Oil – for shallow frying the cheelas
- Salt as required.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Moong Dal and Paneer Cheela:
- Rinse soaked dal in water thoroughly. Discard the water completely. Add the dal to a grinder and 1/2 cup of water
- Grind to make a smooth and soft mixture. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water as required. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. So add water accordingly. Batter should be of medium consistency
- Transfer it to a bowl and add onions, green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon or a whisk. Keep aside the batter to rest for 15-20 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread a few drops of oil
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread out to form a thin circle
- Sprinkle some grated paneer as in the picture. Cook till light golden brown
- Pour a few drops of oil again and flip. Cook similarly
- Paneer Stuffed Moong Dal Cheela is ready. Serve hot!!!