Recently I had shared the recipe for Moong Dal Cheela. Hope you guys enjoyed it. This recipe is almost similar except we add paneer in the end.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Soaking – 4 hours, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 4.5 hours
- Moong Dal Dhuli (Split & Skinned Mung Beans) – 1 cup (soak for 4-5 hours or overnight
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup or as required (grated)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Water – 1 cup or as required
- Oil – to cooking the cheelas
- Salt as required.
- Chutney – of your choice (green chutney, restaurant style chutney or tamarind chutney).
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Moong Dal and Paneer Cheela:
- Rinse soaked dal in water thoroughly. Discard the water completely. Add the dal to a grinder and 1/2 cup of water
- Grind to make a smooth and soft mixture. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water as required. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. So add water accordingly. Batter should be of medium consistency
- Transfer it to a bowl and add onions, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon or a whisk. Keep aside the batter to rest for 15-20 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread a few drops of oil
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread out to form a circle (Try to make it thin so that it’ll be crisp)
- Spread some grated paneer as in the picture. Cook till it’s crisp and brown
- Pour a few drops of oil again and flip. Cook similarly
- Remove from the heat and your Moong Dal and Paneer Cheela is ready. Serve hot!!!