Cabbage and quinoa, both are healthy and they make a pleasurable combination. This recipe is quite easy and super quick.
Also try : Sweet Corn Quinoa.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup (rinsed)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Ginger – 1 inch (crushed or grated)
- Garlic – 1 clove (crushed or grated)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
- Add water and quinoa in a saucepan. Bring it to boil. Cover and cook on low flame till water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- While quinoa is boiling heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions. Saute. Add ginger, garlic and green chili. Saute till onions are golden brown
- Add cabbage, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix and cook till cabbage is soft
- Add boiled quinoa and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Cabbage Quinoa is ready. Enjoy.