Cabbage and quinoa, both are nutritious and make a pleasurable meal to enjoy. This recipe is quite easy and super quick to make.
Also try : Sweet Corn Quinoa.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 1 clove (grated)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Cabbage Quinoa:
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa and add to a saucepan along with the water. Bring it to a boil, then cook on low flame until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute until onions are light golden brown
- Add cabbage, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix and cook until cabbage is tender
- Add cooked quinoa and salt. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well, your Cabbage Quinoa is ready. Enjoy.