Hara Bhara Kebab is a healthy yet delicious Indian snack. It has the goodness of spinach and green peas. Kebabs are made by mixing spinach, green peas, potatoes and a handful of spices, and finally pan frying them . Relish it with Green Chutney or Tzatziki Sauce.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium
- Spinach – 1 bunch (around 125 grams)
- Boiled Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Roasted Gram Flour – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves (peeled and grated)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (peeled and grated)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Dry Mango Powder (amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 2 tbsp (optional, incase dough is not stiff)
- Oil to pan fry kebabs
- Water to blanch the spinach
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Hara Bhara Kebab:
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add spinach. Turn off the flame and cover it. Keep it for 5 mins then strain it through a sieve or a colander. Now transfer the spinach to ice-cold water and keep it for 2-3 mins, then strain it again. Blanching is done. Keep aside
- Take a grinder jar, add boiled green peas and blanched spinach. Grind to make a fine paste. Transfer it to a mixing bowl
- In the same bowl add mashed potatoes, green chilli, roasted gram flour, grated garlic-ginger, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well to make a nice smooth dough. Add bread crumbs if the dough is not stiff and mix well
- Take desired portion from the dough to make a round flat kebabs. Keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour a few drops of oil and place the kebabs. Pan dry on medium flame until golden brown then flip and cook similarly. Your Hara Bhara Kebab is ready
- I served them with mini parathas, Green Chutney and Tzatziki Sauce.