Recently I had shared recipe for Banana Bread with whole wheat flour, then I thought why not try strawberries in it this time. Recipe is similar except we add sliced strawberries in it.
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Baking – 55 mins, Total – 1 hour 5 mins
Servings: makes 1 loaf of bread
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Ripe Banana – 2 large
- Fresh Strawberries – 1 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Strawberry Banana Bread:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 165 degrees celsius
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Keep aside
- Take ripe bananas in a bowl. Mash them up with help of a fork. Keep aside
- While oven is heating up take a large bowl. Add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up together with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat very well
- Add mashed bananas and milk. Whisk well
- If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 seconds in a microwave
- Now add vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Blend with a whisk
- Add flour. Stir with a big spoon and mix until all ingredients are combined
- Now gently fold in the sliced strawberries into the batter
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5-10 minutes, then take it out and let it cooldown for another 10-15 mins
- Your Strawberry Banana Bread is ready
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!!!