A tasty way to have nutritious oats is to have them in an instant Dosa or savory pancake. To prepare this dosa you need rolled oats, rice flour, semolina and a few spices. Perfect for breakfast or main course.
Also try: Multigrain Cheela.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 50 mins
Servings: will make around 7-8 dosas
- Rolled Oats – 1/2 cup
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/4 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper – 7-8 (crushed)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coconut Chutney – to serve along (recipe here)
- Water – 1-1.5 cups
- Oil – for cooking
- Salt to taste.
PS: – 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Oats Dosa:
- Take a grinding jar. Add oats. Grind to make fine powder. Keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add powdered oats, sooji, rice flour and curd. Mix with a whisk or spoon
- Add 1 cup water. Mix well till there are no lumps
- Add onions, green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, black pepper and salt. Mix well. Add another 1/4 cup water. Mix till you get the smooth consistency. Batter should be thin. Keep aside for 20 mins
- Now mix again and if batter looks thick then add another 1/4 cup of water
- Heat a non-stick pan or a tawa. Pour a few drops of oil
- Pour a ladle full of batter from out to in and also fill in the gap on the dosa (if batter looks thick then add a little more water)
- Cook on medium flame. Pour a few drops of oil and cook for 1-2 mins. Once it’s golden-brown flip and cook from the other side in the similar way
- Your Oats Dosa is ready. Serve with Coconut Chutney.