Tandoori Paneer Pizza is a fusion dish, as of course the Pizza is Italian and Tandoori Paneer is Indian. The flavour of marinated paneer (Indian cottage cheese) with pizza sauce and veggies is irresistible. To make tandoori paneer topping we marinate paneer in hung curd with a few spices.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Marination – 30 mins, Baking – 12 mins, Total – about an hour.
Servings: Makes a 12 inch thin crust pizza.
- Pizza Dough – follow recipe here, use half of the dough from the recipe for this thin crust pizza
- Pizza Sauce – 4 tbsp, follow recipe here
- Sliced Onion – 1/2 cup
- Sliced Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Chopped & Seeded Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1/2 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Hung Curd (or Greek Yogurt) – 2 tbsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese as needed
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Tandoori Paneer Thin Crust Pizza:
- Take a mixing bowl and add hung curd, garlic, garam masala powder, dried fenugreek leaves, red chili powder, coriander leaves & salt. Mix well. Add the paneer cubes and mix to coat well, let it rest for 30 mins
- Once paneer is marinated preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit or 250 degrees Celsius. Grease the pizza pan or baking sheet, keep aside
- Take the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it with a rolling-pin to make a thin base, about 1/4 inch thickness
- Place it on the pizza pan or baking sheet and lightly brush the outer one inch of the pizza base with olive oil
- Spread the pizza sauce, top it with marinated paneer cubes, onions, tomatoes, capsicum and cheese
- Bake until crust is golden brown, takes about 11-12 mins
- Your Tandoori Paneer Pizza is ready. Let it rest for about 5 mins before slicing, sprinkle some Italian seasoning and enjoy!!!