A wholesome and delectable breakfast or snack option, by adding oats to the famous Moong Dal Cheela we make it even more healthier. Batter is prepared with moong dal, ground oats, onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and a few spices.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 25 mins, Soaking – 5 hours, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 5 hours 40 mins.
Servings: makes around 8 cheelas.
- Moong Dal Dhuli (Split & Skinned Mung Beans) – 1/2 cup (soak for 5 hours or overnight)
- Ground Oats – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Oil to cook cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Oats Moong Dal Cheela:
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked dal and discard the water completely. Add it to a grinding jar along with 1/4 cup of water, grind to make a fine paste
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add oats, onions, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder & salt. Mix and add 1/2 cup water in portions to make a medium consistency batter, let it rest for 15 mins
- Heat a non stick pan or tawa and spread a few drops of oil, pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread out to form a circle
- Cook till the cheela turns golden, pour a few drops of oil and flip. Similarly do the other side, your Oats Moong Dal Cheela is ready. Serve with some Green Chutney and enjoy!!!