A simple and easy recipe for homemade Garlic Bread. It is a delicious snack to enjoy as is or have it along with your favorite pasta dish.
I have used a whole wheat french loaf, you can use one of your choice. Also cheese is totally optional.
Course: Snacks or Side Dish
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Baking – 10 mins, Total – 20 mins.
Servings: makes around 8 pieces
- French Loaf – 1 (around 400 grams in weight)
- Butter – 1/2 cup (softened)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- Coriander or Parsley Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Dried Basil Leaves – 1/3 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/3 tsp
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Garlic Bread:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit or 200 degree celsius
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper and keep aside
- Take the bread loaf. Cut it at an angle into 8-9 pieces of 1.5 inches thickness. You’ll get bigger pieces when you cut the bread at an angle
- Take a bowl. Add butter, garlic, coriander leaves, dried basil leaves, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well and spread it evenly over each piece
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges starts to turn slightly golden brown. If you want to add cheese, then add in the last 2 minutes of baking
- Garlic Bread is ready. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and enjoy.