Winters are here and we enjoy the food that makes us feel warm, one answer to that is freshly baked bread!!!
Carrot Coconut Bread is a perfect winter delight, it has the goodness of carrot and coconut along with a few spices and almonds. Enjoy it in your breakfast with a cup of coffee or as an evening snack.
Also it is a healthier version as it is prepared with whole wheat flour, olive oil and maple syrup. So adore it without any guilt.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Baking – 50 mins, Total – 1 hour 10 mins
Servings: makes 1 loaf of bread
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 3/4 cups
- Shredded Carrot – 1 1/4 cup
- Shredded Coconut – 3/4 cup
- Almonds – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use coconut oil as well)
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp + to sprinkle on top
- Ground Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Carrot Coconut Bread:
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit or 165 degrees celsius
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Keep aside
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well
- Add milk and whisk well. If you’re using coconut oil and it solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, warm it up for 10-15 seconds in a microwave
- Add vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Gently blend
- Add shredded carrots and coconut. Gentle mix
- Add flour. Stir with a big spoon and mix until all ingredients are just combined
- Gently fold in the almonds into the batter. Reserve a little to sprinkle on the top
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle cinnamon and chopped almonds
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5-10 minutes, then take it out and let it cool down for another 10-15 mins
- Your Carrot Coconut Bread is ready. It’ll remain good for 5 days under refrigeration and 2 days on the shelf.