Mixed Berry Oats Muffins are healthy, tasty and hearty. Super easy to bake. Relish them as a snack or enjoy them in the breakfast.
Course: Breakfast or Dessert
Cuisine: Global Cuisine
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Baking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins
Servings: makes 12 muffins
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Ground Oats – 3/4 cup
- Mixed Berries – 1.5 cups (frozen or fresh)
- Plain Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (large)
- Honey or Maple Syrup – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Rolled Oats – to sprinkle on top.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
To make it egg less: 1 egg = 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water. Let it rest for 5 mins before adding.
How to make Mixed Berry Oats Muffins:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees celsius
- Grease all 12 cups on your muffin pan or tray. Keep aside
- Take a big mixing bowl. Add whole wheat flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them with a whisk. Keep aside the flour mix
- In another bowl, add oil and honey (or maple syrup). Beat them up together with a whisk
- Add the eggs and beat well
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix. Stir with a spoon and mix until all ingredients are combined
- Gently fold the mix berries into the batter. The batter will be thick
- Divide and add the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle some rolled oats on the top
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 23 mins or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool down in the tray for 5 mins. You can even loosen up the sides of the muffins with a butter knife if needed. Then take them out and cool down for another 10 mins on the cooling rack
- Your Mixed Berry Oats Muffins are ready. You can refrigerate them for up to 5 days.