Saatvik means pure and clean, so food prepared in saatvik style always keeps your mind & body calm and positive. There is minimal use of spices and it also leads to a healthy lifestyle.
This is an easy recipe for paneer masala and calls for least ingredients. Enjoy it with plain sama rice, kuttu cheela or pooris.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 3 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbsp
- Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) to taste.
How to make Paneer Masala in Saatvik Style:
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add green cardamom and saute till fragrant
- Add ginger, green chilli and tomatoes. Saute till soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down
- Add it to a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add tomato paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and ground black pepper. Mix and cook till ghee starts to separate
- Add paneer, cream and rock salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add coriander leaves and mix. Your Paneer Masala is ready. Enjoy with Kuttu Cheela or Pooris.