Chickpeas come in many varieties and dried green chickpeas is one of them, and we usually prepare a curry with it. So here’s another mouth-watering recipe with this super healthy legume, Hare Chane ki Tikki. These are basically pan-fried cutlets prepared with dried green chickpeas, which makes them guilt-free and nutritious, and of course these are flavorful.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 45 mins.
Servings: makes around 8 tikkis.
- Hare Chane (Dried Green Chickpeas) – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight or 7-8 hours)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (peeled and chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (peeled and chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/4 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- Oil to pan fry the tikkis
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Hare Chane ki Tikki:
- Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas and add them to a pressure cooker along with the water. Close the lid and let first whistle blow on high, then turn the flame to low and cook for 20 mins. Turn off the flame and once the pressure settles down open the lid. Strain the chickpeas through a sieve and let them cool down
- Now add them to a grinder and grind to a coarse paste, add 3-4 tbsp water if it’s difficult to grind. Transfer it to a mixing bowl
- In the same blender/grinder add coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Blend to a smooth paste, add 2-3 tbsp of water if it’s difficult to blend. Add the paste to the same mixing bowl
- Add cumin powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, salt and 1/3 cup bread crumbs to the mixing bowl, and mix to make a smooth paste. If the paste it too sticky to make the tikkis out of it then add the remaining bread crumbs and mix well
- Now make desired size and shape tikkis out of the paste. Keep aside for 5 mins
- Heat a pan and pour a few drops of oil. Place the tikkis and cook till crisp then flip, similarly do the other side
- Your Hare Chane ki Tikki is ready. Enjoy with your favorite dip.