Pizza is such a delight to enjoy anytime. This recipe is for making a healthy pizza dough with whole wheat flour, its easy and super quick to make.
Also try: Pizza Sauce Recipe.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 1 hour 10 mins, Total – 1 hour 10 mins.
Servings: yields dough for one thick or two thin crust 12 inch pizza.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2.5 cups
- Active Dry Yeast – 1.5 tsp
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Whole Wheat Pizza Dough:
- Take a small bowl. Add yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix and let sit for 5 mins
- In a large mixing bowl. Add 2 1/4 cup flour, salt and 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix and make a well in the centre, add yeast mixture and olive oil. Start mixing with your hand and add 3/4 cup warm water in portions until the dough comes together
- Now knead the dough with your hand and start adding remaining 1/4 cup flour in portions until the dough is not sticky. It’ll take around 2-3 mins (you may not need to add the full 1/4 cup flour so add it in portions)
- Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl and then grease it from the top. Cover it with a plastic wrap or keep it in an air-tight container
- Let it rise at room temperature until doubled, about an hour (not more than 2 hours)
- After an hour take the dough and punch it down a bit. Place it on a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a ball. Your Pizza Dough is ready, use it for preparing your favorite pizza now or refrigerate it for later use.