Dry Pumpkin Sabji is one of the most easiest recipe to prepare. It has the sweet and sour flavor which makes it toothsome.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Pumpkin – 1 kg (peeled, seeded and chopped in cubes)
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Dry Pumpkin Sabji:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt. It helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add fenugreek seeds and let it splutter
- Add chopped pumpkin, coriander powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and cook covered on low flame until pumpkin is soft and mushy. Keep stirring in between
- Add dry mango powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt. Mix and cook on high flame until excess water is absorbed. Your Dry Pumpkin Sabji is ready, enjoy!!!