A nutritious yet lip-smacking recipe for breakfast or enjoy it with phulka, puri or paratha in the main course.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Cooking – 40 mins, Total – 40 mins
- Black Chick Peas – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight or 7-8 hours)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kale Chane Dry:
- Thoroughly rinse the soaked chickpeas and add it to a pressure cooker along with 2 cups of water and salt. Close the lid and let first whistle blow on high flame, then cook on low flame for about 25 mins. Turn off the flame and let the pressure settle down, keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let it splutter
- Turn the flame to low and add chana masala powder, coriander powder & red chili powder. Saute for 2-3 secs and add boiled chickpeas along with the water, mix and cook on medium-high flame until water is completely absorbed. Keep stirring occasionally
- Turn off the flame and add garam masala powder & lemon juice. Mix and your Kale Chane Dry is ready!!!