Halwa Chane is a perfect delight to enjoy. Usually prepared as prasad on the last day of Navratri but can also be enjoyed in breakfast or as an evening snack with a cup of tea or coffee. Halwa Chane is basically two dishes served together, Halwa is prepared with semolina and chane with black chickpeas.
Course: Breakfast or Snack.
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 40 mins, Total – 45 mins.
- Black Chick Peas – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight or 7-8 hours)
- Water – 2 cups
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Sooji (Semolina or Rava) – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Cashews – 4 (crushed or chopped)
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (soaked for 10 mins in warm water)
- Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder) – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 cups.
How to make Halwa Chane:
- Follow recipe for Chane here. While chickpeas are boiling you can prepare the Halwa, follow recipe for Halwa here.
- Serve together and enjoy!!!
One of my favorite dishes! Thanks for sharing
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!!! 🙂🙂
My pleasure 🙂