Puri is one of the famous Indian breads, which is often enjoyed in the breakfast with curries.
Course: Breakfast or Main Course
Time: Preparation – 20 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cup
- Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp (optional)
- Oil for deep-frying + 2 tsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Pooris:
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour, carom seeds, kasuri methi, salt & 2 tsp oil. Mix until crumbly
- Add water in portions and start kneading. Knead to make a little stiff dough, do not make it too soft. Keep aside for 15 mins
- Make small size balls out of the dough. Now grease a ball with a little oil and start rolling with a rolling-pin to make a poori, around 3-4 inches in diameter
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep kadai or pan, once oil is hot drop the poori. It will start coming on the top, gently press it with the help of a slotted spoon so that it puffs up nicely
- Once it’s puffed, turn it and fry till golden brown from both the sides. Drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Pooris are ready, serve hot with your favorite curries.