Jeera Aloo is such an easy and quick recipe, which is so scrumptious to be enjoyed as is with phuklas, parathas, puris or even as a side dish with rice & dal. To prepare it we saute boiled potatoes with cumin seeds and a few spices.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 15 Mins, Total – 20 Mins.
- Boiled Potatoes – 4 large (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil or Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Jeera Aloo:
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadai or a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida, let them splutter
- Add the potatoes and saute
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, chana masala powder and salt. Mix and saute on medium flame for 10 mins stirring occasionally, this will give a nice golden brown crispy texture to the potatoes
- Add dry mango powder, garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix well. Your Jeera Aloo is ready!!!