Potatoes are loved by everyone, or almost everyone!!! This recipe is a comfort food in our families. Be it rice, phulkas or dal, you can enjoy Jeera Aloo with anything. An easy and quick recipe.
Also try: Mix Vegetable Dry.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 15 Mins, Total – 20 Mins
- Potatoes – 4 medium (boiled)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a large pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (Kashmiri Mirch is preferred for the color)
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp (you can use ghee as well)
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Jeera Aloo:
- Cut boiled potatoes into cubes and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Turn the flame to low (prevents masala from burning up) and add the spices – coriander powder, red chilli powder and chana masala powder. Saute for 2-3 seconds and immediately add the potatoes and salt
- Cook for 8-10 mins on medium flame. Keep sauteing occasionally
- Add dry mango powder and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix
- Your Jeera Aloo is ready to serve. Enjoy it with Phulka, Paratha or Puri!!!