Potatoes are such a favorite thing for me to cook. The best thing I like about them is that they incorporate so well with any flavor you give. Potatoes dishes are always close to my heart. Baby Potatoes Stir Fry recipe is a little similar to Jeera Aloo (Cumin Seeds Potatoes) but tastes different. I have kept the spice level for this recipe a little high, you can adjust it as per your taste. This dish goes perfectly well with Phulkas, Dal and Rice or even Khichdi.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 5 Mins, Cooking – 15 Mins, Total – 20 Mins
- Baby Potatoes – 10-12 (boiled and peeled)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (Kashmiri Mirch is preferred for the color)
- Chana Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Baby Potatoes Stir Fry:
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Turn the flame to low (prevents the masala from burning up) and add the spices – coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and chana masala powder
- Saute it for 2-3 seconds and immediately add the potatoes. Mix
- Add salt and mix. Cook for around 10 mins on medium flame so that masala is incorporated well. Keep stirring occasionally
- Add dry mango powder and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for another 1-2 mins
- Turn off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix
- Your Baby Potatoes Stir Fry is ready. Serve hot.