Tandoori Aloo as the name says it’s prepared in a tandoor, since we are preparing it at home we’ll be cooking them in a pan. The texture and flavors are equally good. You can also use a barbecue or air-fryer for the same. To prepare this delicious starter you’ll need boiled baby potatoes, hung curd and some spices.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Marination – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 55 mins.
- Boiled Baby Potatoes – 15-16
- Hung Curd (or Plain Greek Yogurt) – 1/4 cup
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Crushed Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Tandoori Aloo:
- Prick the boiled potatoes and keep aside
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients except potatoes and add only 1 tbsp oil for marinade, we’ll need other tbsp oil for cooking the potatoes. Mix well and make a smooth marinade
- Add potatoes and coat well in marinade. Keep aside for 30 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp in a pan. Add potatoes and cook on medium flame until crisp and light brown. Your Tandoori Aloo is ready, serve with some sliced onions and green chutney.