Super easy sandwich to make with amazing flavors. You’ll need boiled potatoes, spices and chutneys to make this sandwich. I have used sourdough as it gives a nice crunch to the sandwich, you can use the same or bread of your choice.
Also try: Aloo Masala Sandwich, Kulcha Sandwich, Paneer Spinach Sandwich, Chili Cheese Sandwich or Paneer Tikka Sandwich.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches.
- Bread of your choice – 4 slices
- Boiled Potatoes – 2 medium-large (mashed)
- Tamarind Chutney as needed, follow recipe here
- Mint-Coriander Chutney as needed, follow recipe here
- Sliced Onion as needed
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tsp
- Butter to toast
- Salt to taste.
How to make Achaari Aloo Sandwich:
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan and let it smoke, then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, black mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute until aromatic, don’t burn it
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Saute for 2-3 secs
- Add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for 4-5 mins on a medium flame, stirring occasionally. Achaari Aloo masala is ready, transfer it to bowl and let it cool down a little bit
- Spread aloo masala on a slice, top it with tamarind chutney and sliced onions. Spread mint-coriander chutney on other slice and make a sandwich
- Meanwhile heat a pan, grill pan or sandwich maker. Spread some butter and place the sandwich, toast from both the sides with butter until crisp.
- Your Achaari Aloo Sandwich is ready. Serve Hot!!!