Aloo Masala Sandwich is a spicy and tangy version of regular Aloo Sandwich. You’ll need potatoes, onions, tomatoes and a few spices to prepare the stuffing. I have added dry mango powder (amchur) to have the tangy touch, you can also add lemon juice instead.
When you have the masala (stuffing) ready, then preparing sandwiches is just a matter of minutes.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
- Bread Slices – 4 (your choice of bread)
- Potato – 2 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Onion – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil or Butter – to shallow fry sandwiches + 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Masala Sandwich:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well and for cook 3-4 mins
- Add garam masala powder, dry mango powder and coriander leaves. Mix and cook for a minute
- Stuffing is ready. Turn off the flame. Keep aside and let it cool down a little bit
- Take a slice of bread and spread the desired amount of stuffing. Place the other slice on the top
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan or a grill pan or a sandwich maker
- Place the sandwich on it and cook from both the sides with butter till it’s crisp and brown
- Aloo Masala Sandwich is ready. Serve hot with your favorite sauce, chutney or just ketchup.