Aloo Masala Sandwich is a spicy and tangy version of regular Aloo Sandwich. You’ll need potatoes, onions, tomatoes and a few spices to prepare the stuffing. I have added dry mango powder to have the tangy touch, you can also add lemon juice instead. When you have the masala (stuffing) ready, then preparing sandwiches is just a matter of minutes.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
Servings: makes 2 sandwiches
- Bread Slices – 4 (your choice of bread)
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (mashed)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter to toast the sandwiches
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Aloo Masala Sandwich:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions and green chillies. Saute until translucent
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook till oil starts to separate
- Add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well and for cook 3-4 mins
- Add garam masala powder, dry mango powder and coriander leaves. Mix and cook for a min, stuffing is ready
- Take a bread slice, spread the stuffing and place other slice on top of it
- Meanwhile heat a pan, grill pan or sandwich maker
- Spread some butter and place the sandwich, toast from both the sides with butter until crisp
- Aloo Masala Sandwich is ready. Serve hot with your favorite sauce, chutney or just ketchup.