Oats Cheela is a perfect breakfast recipe. It is loaded with all the goodness to kick-start your day. It can also be enjoyed in lunch, dinner or even as a snack.
You’ll need ground oats, gram flour, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), sweet corn and a few spices. You can also add veggies of your choice like finely chopped beans, capsicum or grated carrots, broccoli, etc. Make your oats cheelas as you like.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins
Servings: makes around 7-8 cheelas
- Ground Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (seeded and finely chopped)
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Coriander Leaves – about 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Oil – cook the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Oats Cheela:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add ground oats, gram flour, and 1 cup water. Mix
- Add onions, tomatoes, sweet corn, paneer, green chili, grated ginger, coriander leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds, garam masala powder and salt. Mix with a spoon or a whisk
- Add another 1/2 cup water and mix . Let it rest for 15 mins
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spread a few drops of oil
- Stir batter nicely and pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread out to form a circle. Cook till it’s crisp
- Pour a few drops of oil and flip. Cook in the similar way
- Your Oats Cheela is ready. Serve hot!!!