Spinach Oats Cheelas have goodness of oats and spinach, which makes them super healthy. Also they are super easy to make; you’ll need spinach, oats, ginger, green chillies and a few spices.
I had stuffed them with some grated paneer (Indian cottage cheese) to have a little protein kick as well. And it is totally optional.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 45 mins
Servings: makes around 7-8 cheelas
- Spinach – 1.5 cups (tightly packed)
- Ground Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1 cup (grated) (optional)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1 1/4 cup
- Oil to cook cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Spinach Oats Cheela:
- Take a blending jar and add spinach, 1/4 cup water, ginger & green chillies. Blend to a smooth paste
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add ground oats, 1 cup water, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ground black pepper and salt. Mix to make a smooth consistency batter. Let it rest for 20 mins
- Heat a non stick pan or tawa and spread a few drops of oil, pour a ladle full of batter in the centre and spread out to form a circle
- Cook it till crisp, pour a few drops of oil and flip. Similarly do the other side
- Your Spinach Oats Cheela is ready. Stuff it with some grated paneer and serve hot with ketchup or your favorite chutney.