A simple, easy and healthy option for breakfast. Also enjoy it as a snack.
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 20 Mins, Total – 35 Mins
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (grated or finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup water
- Coriander Leaves – about 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – for shallow frying the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Besan Cheela:
- Take besan in a bowl and add all the ingredients – onion, tomato puree, green chilli, coriander leaves, carom seeds, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well
- Add 1/2 cup water. Starting mixing it in one direction with a spoon or a whisk. Mix it till you get a smooth consistency batter
- Add 1/4 cup more water or as required. It depends on the quality of the besan
- Heat non stick pan or tawa. Spread a few drops of oil
- Pour a ladle full of batter in the center and spread out to form a circle
- Cook till the cheela turns light golden then flip the side. Cook in similar way
- Your Besan Cheela is ready. Serve hot with mint-coriander chutney or ketchup.