A simple, easy and healthy breakfast option. Besan Cheela is a Indian Savoury Pancake, the main ingredient is besan (gram flour) of course, along with some veggies and spices.
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 20 Mins, Total – 35 Mins.
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium (grated or finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (blend to a smooth paste or finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup water or as required
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – for pan frying the cheelas
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Besan Cheela:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add besan, onion, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves, carom seeds, coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well
- Add 1/2 cup water. Starting mixing it in one direction with a spoon or a whisk. Mix it till you get a smooth medium consistency batter, add more water as required
- Heat non stick pan or tawa. Pour a few drops of oil. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the center then spread out it to make a circle
- Cook till the cheela turns light golden then flip. Cook in similar way
- Your Besan Cheela is ready. Serve hot with mint-coriander chutney or ketchup.