Paneer Tikka Masala is a luscious gravy dish prepared with paneer (Indian cottage cheese). We marinate paneer, then grill it over stove-top and add to a rich creamy onion-tomato based gravy.
To prepare it you’ll need paneer, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies and spices.
Marination Tip: Marinate for up to 2 hours or more. If you’re running short on time then keep it for at least 30 mins.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Marination – 2 hours, Cooking – 25 Mins, Total – 2 hours 40 mins
- Paneer Tikka – Follow this recipe
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Tomato – 3 large (roughly chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 6 (optional)
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
- Cream – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water – 3/4 cup or as required
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Tikka Masala:
- Prepare Paneer Tikka as per the recipe and keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add black cardamom and bay leaf. Saute for a few seconds
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, green chilli and cashew. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes. Cook till soft
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely
- Add it to a grinding jar and grind it to make a fine paste. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai. Add the paste, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix. Cover and cook for 7-8 mins
- Add water and bring it to boil. Add kasuri methi and salt. Cook for 2-3 mins
- Add paneer tikka, cream and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Your Paneer Tikka Masala is ready. Serve hot. Enjoy it with Phulkas or Parathas.