- Follow Paneer Tikka recipe and prepare it in advance
- You can strain the blended onion-tomato paste through a strainer to get a completely smooth gravy.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 Mins, Cooking – 30 Mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Paneer Tikka – Follow this recipe
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Tomato – 4 medium-large (roughly chopped)
- Green Chili – 3-4 (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 5
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Tikka Masala:
- Prepare Paneer Tikka in advance and keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until tender
- Add tomato, green chili and cashew. Saute until soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool down completely
- Now add it to a blending jar and blend it to make a smooth fine paste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai. Add black cardamom and bay leaf, saute until fragrant
- Add the paste, kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix and cook covered on medium flame for 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add water and bring it to a boil. Add crushed kasuri methi and garam masala powder, mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add paneer tikka and cream. Mix and cook covered on medium flame for about 2 mins
- Your Paneer Tikka Masala is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with Phulkas, Parathas, Naan or Rice.