Achaari Paneer is a spicy and flavorful paneer dish, the aroma and taste of pickling spices along with paneer is lip smacking. To prepare it you’ll need paneer (Indian cottage cheese), yogurt, tomato, ginger and pickling spices.
Also try: Paneer Masala.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 250 grams (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Cashew Powder – 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Curd (Yogurt) – 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Mint Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Achaari Paneer:
- Heat a pan and add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, black mustard seeds & fenugreek seeds. Roast until fragrant, do not over do it. Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Now grind them to make a coarse powder, keep aside the pickle powder
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai or a pan, let it smoke for a min then turn the flame to low and add a pinch of salt, it helps in removing the mustard oil aroma
- Add ginger and green chillies. Saute until fragrant
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add cashew powder, pickle powder and gram flour. Mix and saute for a min
- Add beaten curd and stir, cook for a min stirring continuously
- Add paneer, kasuri methi, cream and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add coriander and mint leaves, mix and your Achaari Paneer is ready.