Paneer Jalfrezi is another popular paneer (cottage cheese) recipe. It is a spicy dish, as the name says Jalfrezi and “jhal” means spicy in Bengali. We stir fry the veggies along with some spices & paneer, and paneer absorbs the flavors and becomes scrumptious.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 25 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 250 grams (cut in batons)
- Onion – 1 medium (julienned)
- Tomatoes – 1 large (seeded and julienned)
- Bell Peppers – 1 cup (julienned)
- Ginger – 1 inch (julienned)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 3-4 (slit)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Jalfrezi:
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter
- Add onion and garlic, saute until onions are translucent
- Add bell peppers, green chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add tomatoes and cook until tender
- Add paneer, ginger, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice. Mix well
- Your Paneer Jalfrezi is ready, garnish with coriander leaves and julienned ginger.