This recipe is for creamy & spicy Paneer Kaali Mirch, with the sweetness of cinnamon and spiciness of black peppercorns (kaali mirch) it is delectable.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Paneer – 250 grams (cut into cubes)
- Curd (or Plain Yogurt) – 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Onion – 1 large (roughly chopped)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 5
- Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1/2 stick
- Cloves – 2
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Kaali Mirch:
- Crush black peppercorns in a mortar-pestle to make a coarse powder. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves & cinnamon stick. Saute till fragrant
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and cashews. Saute till light golden brown, remove from the heat and let it cool down
- Transfer it to a blending jar and add 1/4 cup water, blend to a smooth paste. Now strain it through a sieve by pressing it firmly to get the maximum paste out of it. Discard the remains and keep aside the paste
- Heat ghee in a pan and add bay leaf, saute for a couple of seconds. Add the paste and cook until golden brown
- Add crushed black peppercorns, kashmiri red chili powder and cumin powder. Mix and cook for a min
- Add beaten curd and cook 2-3 mins while stirring continuously
- Add 3/4 cup water (or as needed) and bring it to boil, add paneer, cream and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Add mint leaves and mix. Your Paneer Kaali Mirch is ready, garnish with some crushed peppercorns and serve hot.