This recipe is for creamy & spicy Paneer Kaali Mirch, with the sweetness of cinnamon and spiciness of black peppercorns (kaali mirch) it is delectable.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 30 mins, Total – 40 mins.
- Paneer – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Curd or Yogurt – 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Onion – 1 large (sliced)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (roughly chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Cashew – 5
- Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1/2 stick
- Cloves – 2
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Mint Leaves – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Paneer Kaali Mirch:
- Take black pepper in a mortar-pestle and crush them to a coarse powder. Keep aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai and add green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves & cinnamon stick. Saute till fragrant
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and cashews. Saute till light golden brown. Remove from the heat and let it cool down
- Transfer it to a blending jar and add 1/4 cup water, blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadai. Add bay leaf and saute for a couple of seconds. Add the paste and cook until golden brown
- Add crushed black peppercorns, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder. Mix
- Add beaten curd, stir continuously and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add 3/4 cup water (or as needed) and bring it to boil. Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for about 2 mins
- Add mint leaves and mix. Your Paneer Kaali Mirch is ready
- Garnish with some crushed peppercorns and serve hot.