Paneer Do Pyaaza is a semi gravy dish prepared with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and a lot of onions, as the name says “Do Pyaaza” meaning double the onions. Recipe is flavorful and delicious, goes perfectly with phulkas, parathas, naan, missi roti or rice.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 25 mins, Total – 35 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 250 grams (cut in cubes)
- Onion – 2 large
- Tomatoes – 2 large (blend to a paste)
- Capsicum – 1 large (blend to a paste)
- Green Chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (crushed or grated)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (crushed or grated)
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Paneer Do Pyaaza:
- Finely chop one onion and cute the other one into 4 parts & separate the layers
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and the onion layers, saute until translucent. Keep aside
- Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai or a pan. Add bay leaf, saute for a few seconds
- Add finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Saute until light golden brown
- Add tomato paste, capsicum paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and ground black pepper. Mix and cook until oil starts to separate
- Add green cardamom powder, crushed dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder. Mix and cook for a min
- Add cooked onion layers, paneer, cream and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add coriander leaves and mix, your Paneer Do Pyaaza is ready. Serve hot with Phulka, Whole Wheat Naan or Paratha.