Tawa Paneer Masala is a semi dry paneer dish (Indian cottage cheese). It is prepared on a tawa or a skillet pan as the name says, incase you do not have a tawa it’s completely ok to prepare it in a regular pan. It is loaded with spices such as pav bhaji masala powder, garam masala powder, carrom seeds, dry mango powder, etc.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut in cubes)
- Onion – 1 medium-large (diced)
- Capsicum – 1 large (diced)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium-large (blend to a smooth paste)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (grated or crushed)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (grated or crushed)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Tawa Paneer Masala:
- Heat oil and butter on a tawa or in a pan, add carrom seeds and let it splutter
- Add onion, capsicum, ginger and garlic. Saute until tender
- Add pav bhaji masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Cook until fragrant
- Add tomato paste and saute until butter separates
- Add paneer, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, crushed kasuri methi and salt. Mix and cook for 3-4 mins, your Tawa Paneer is ready & ENJOY!!!