Tawa Paneer Masala is another easy recipe of Indian cottage cheese. It is prepared on a tawa or a skillet pan as the name itself has “tawa” in it, incase you do not have a tawa it’s completely ok to prepare it on a regular pan.
It is loaded with spices as it has garam masala powder, carrom seeds, dry mango powder, etc. apart from the regular spices. It is a semi dry dish which has onions, bell peppers and tomatoes. Enjoy it with hot phuklas or rotis.
Course: Main Course
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (cut in cubes)
- Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Capsicum or Bell Peppers – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3 medium (blend to a smooth paste)
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (grated)
- Green Chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur Powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp (you can use oil if you like, but it tastes better in butter)
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML
How to make Tawa Paneer Masala:
- Heat butter on a tawa or a pan. Add carrom seeds and let it splutter
- Add onions. Saute till golden brown
- Add capsicum, green chilli, ginger and garlic. Saute for 2-3 mins
- Add tomato paste and spices – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder. Cook till butter starts to separate
- Add paneer, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, kasuri methi and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Your Tawa Paneer is ready. Serve hot.