A few paneer (Indian cottage cheese) dishes are famous world-wide and Kadai Paneer is one of them. It has the wonderful flavor of bell peppers along with the fresh coriander and red chilli powder.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 200 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 1 large (finely chopped) and 1 medium (cut into cubes)
- Tomatoes – 3 large (finely chopped)
- Capsicum or Bell Peppers – 1 cup (cut into cubes)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 3 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (slit in halves)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (julienned)
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kadai Paneer:
- Take coriander seeds in a grinding jar. Grind to make a coarse powder. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes, ground coriander seeds and red chilli powder. Mix and cook till oil starts to separate
- Add capsicum or red bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 mins
- Add paneer, garam masala powder and kasuri methi. Mix and cook for 2 mins
- Your Kadai Paneer is ready. Garnish with slit green chilli, coriander leaves and julienned ginger. Serve hot.