An awesomely flavorful and spicy paneer recipe, Kadai Paneer. To make this gorgeous looking dish you’ll need paneer, onions, tomatoes, capsicum and spices. Relish it with your favorite bread like Tandoori Roti, Paratha, Missi Roti, Poori, Naan or Phulka.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 300 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 2 medium (one finely chopped and one chopped in cubes)
- Tomatoes – 3 large (two blend to a smooth paste and one chopped in cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 large (chopped in cubes)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped) + some julienned for garnishing
- Green Chilies – 3 (chopped)
- Coriander Seeds – 3 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Dried Red Chilies – 2-3
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) – 2 tsp
- Cream – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kadai Paneer:
- Heat a pan and add coriander seeds, dried red chilies, fennel seeds & cumin seeds. Roast on a medium flame until fragrant, don’t over do it
- Transfer to a grinding jar and grind to make a coarse powder. Keep aside ground spice mix
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add finely chopped onions and ginger, saute on a medium flame until light golden brown
- Add kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds
- Add tomato paste and kasuri methi. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add remaining chopped onions, capsicum and green chili. Cook until tender
- Add chopped tomatoes and ground spice mix. Cook until tomatoes are a little soft, about 1-2 mins
- Add water and cook for a min
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add cream and cook for another min, your Kadai Paneer is ready
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and julienned ginger. Enjoy!!!