An awesomely flavorful and spicy paneer recipe, Kadai Paneer. To make this gorgeous looking dish you’ll need paneer, onions, tomatoes, capsicum and spices. Relish it with your favorite bread like Paratha, Missi Roti, Poori, Naan or Phulka.
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: North Indian
Time: Preparation – 10 mins, Cooking – 20 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 300 grams (cut into cubes)
- Onion – 2 medium (one finely chopped and one chopped in cubes)
- Tomatoes – 3 large (two blend to a smooth paste and one chopped in cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 large (chopped in cubes)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped) + some julienned for garnishing
- Coriander Seeds – 3 tsp
- Dried Red Chilies – 2-3
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Kadai Paneer:
- Heat a pan and add coriander seeds, dried red chilies & cumin seeds. Roast on medium flame until fragrant, don’t over do it
- Transfer them to a grinding jar and grind to make a coarse powder. Keep aside ground spice mix
- Heat oil in a kadai or a pan. Add finely chopped onions and ginger, saute on medium flame until light golden brown
- Add kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds and add tomato paste & kasuri methi. Cook until oil starts to separate
- Add remaining chopped onions and capsicum, cook until tender
- Add chopped tomatoes and ground spice mix. Cook until tomatoes are a little soft, about 1-2 mins
- Add paneer and salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add cream and cook for another min, your Kadai Paneer is ready
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and julienned ginger. Enjoy!!!