Aloo Chaat is a famous Indian street food. It is basically crispy fried potatoes tossed in some tangy chutneys, spices and lemon juice.
Time: Preparation – 5 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 20 mins.
- Parboiled Potatoes – 2 large (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Tamarind Chutney – 2 tbsp or as required (recipe here)
- Green Chutney – 2 tsp or as required (recipe here)
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying the potatoes
- Coriander Leaves and Julienned Ginger for garnishing
- Salt to taste.
How to make Aloo Chaat:
- Heat oil in a deep kadai or pan. Add potato cubes and deep fry from all the sides until golden brown. Drain on a kitchen paper towel to remove the excess oil
- Take a mixing bowl and add fried potatoes, green chutney, tamarind chutney, chaat masala powder, lemon juice & salt. Mix well
- Your Aloo Chaat is ready. Garnish with some coriander leaves and julienned ginger. Enjoy!!!