Bread Pakora is a popular Indian street food, perfect for breakfast or tea time snack. To prepare it we make a sandwich stuffed with aloo masala, dip it in gram flour batter and deep fry it.
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 35 mins.
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium
- Bread Slice – 6 (cut into triangles, rectangles or squares)
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bread Pakora:
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes, mash them well. Add coriander leaves, green chilli, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, chaat masala powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and make a smooth stuffing
- Take a bread slice, spread potato stuffing, place the other slice on top of it and press it lightly. Similarly do the rest and keep aside the sandwiches
- Take a mixing bowl and add gram flour, carom seeds, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder & salt. Mix with the help of a wired whisk or a spoon and add water in portions to make a medium consistency batter, keep aside
- Meanwhile heat oil in a deep kadai
- Take a sandwich and dip it in the batter, it should be covered from all the sides. Drop the dipped sandwich in the hot oil, fry from all the sides until light golden. Drain on a kitchen paper towel
- Your Bread Pakoras are ready. Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or Ketchup.