Bread Pakora is a popular and mouthwatering Indian street food. It’s perfect for breakfast or tea time snack. To prepare it we make a sandwich stuffed with spicy potato masala, slice of paneer and some chutney then dip this sandwich in gram flour batter and deep fry it. Crispy on the outside and full on flavors on the inside.
- Paneer Slice and Chutney is optional, you can just go with potato stuffing to make the sandwiches
- Make sure the batter is of medium consistency
Course: Breakfast or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 30 mins, Cooking – 20, Total – 50 mins.
Servings: makes 6 bread pakoras.
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium (peeled and grated)
- Paneer – 150 grams
- Bread Slice – 6
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – about 200 ml
- Green Chutney as needed (recipe here)
- Tamarind Chutney to serve (recipe here)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Bread Pakora:
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated potato, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1/4 tsp dry mango powder & salt. Mix and make a smooth paste. Stuffing is ready, keep aside
- Take another mixing bowl and add gram flour, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder & salt. Mix with the help of a wired whisk or a spoon and add water in portions to make a medium consistency batter, keep aside for 5 mins
- Cut paneer into thin slices, dividing equally for all three sandwiches
- Take a bread slice, spread some green chutney & place the paneer slice, take another bread slice and spread potato stuffing, finally place potato stuffing slice on the paneer one and make a sandwich. Now cut this sandwich diagonally, making two triangles. Similarly do the rest and keep aside the sandwiches
- Meanwhile heat enough oil in a deep pan or a kadai
- Now take a sandwich and dip it in the batter, it should be covered from all the sides in the batter. Drop this dipped sandwich in the hot oil, fry from all the sides until crisp and light golden. Drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest
- Your Bread Pakoras are ready. Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney, Green Chutney or Ketchup.