A delicious snack or starter recipe.
Course: Starters or Snacks.
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 25, Total – 40 Mins.
- Boiled Potato – 4 small-medium
- Bread Slices – 4 (sides removed and crumbled)
- Onion – 1 medium (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 1 medium (seeded and cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 (cut into cubes)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chili Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying + 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Potato Shashlik:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add the potatoes and mash them nicely. Add crumbled bread and mix well
- Add roasted cumin seeds, ground black pepper, chili flakes and salt. Mix well
- Now make small round balls from the mix and keep aside
- Heat oil in a deep kadai or pan. Drop the balls and fry until crispy, drain on a kitchen paper towel and similarly do the rest. Keep aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a few seconds
- Add onions and capsicum. Saute on medium-high flame until onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and saute for a min
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and salt. Mix and cook for a min
- Your sauce is ready, turn off the flame. Add fried potato balls and give it a gentle mix
- Your Potato Shashlik is ready. Serve immediately.