This recipe is close to my heart as it’s from the beginning days of my cooking and it was totally new to the family. Recipe turned out well and everyone enjoyed it. So here I share it with you and hope you’ll relish it too.
Course: Starters or Snacks.
Time: Preparation – 15 Mins, Cooking – 25, Total – 40 Mins
For Potato Balls –
- Potato – 4 medium (boiled)
- Bread Slices – 3 (crumbled after removing the sides)
- Roasted Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
For Sauce –
- Onion – 1 medium (cut into cubes)
- Tomato – 1 medium (seeded and cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – 1 small (seeded and cut into cubes)
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Soya Sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
How to make Potato Shashlik:
- Potato balls:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add the potatoes and mash them
- Add crumbled bread and corn flour. Mix
- Add roasted cumin seeds, ground black pepper and salt. Mix well
- Now make small round balls from the mix and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai or a deep pan. Drop the balls and fry till crispy
- Drain them on a kitchen paper towel. Similarly do the rest
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a few seconds
- Add onions and capsicum. Saute till onions are translucent
- Add tomatoes and saute for a minute or two
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, ketchup and salt. Saute for a minute
- Your sauce is ready. Turn off the flame
- In the same pan while the sauce is hot add fried potato balls and mix gentely
- Your Potato Shashlik is ready. Serve immediately.
Tip: Mix fried potato balls in the sauce right before serving, else it’ll become soggy.