Crispy bites are a snack or a starter recipe. To make these delicious bites we take boiled potatoes, paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) & spices, mix them well, then make desired shape cutlets out of the mix and finally roll them up in vermicelli before deep frying.
Course: Starters or Snacks
Time: Preparation – 15 mins, Cooking – 15 mins, Total – 30 mins.
- Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 1/2 cup (grated or crumbled)
- Boiled Potato – 2 medium
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Vermicelli for coating
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste.
PS: 1 Cup = 250 ML.
How to make Crispy Bites:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mash them nicely
- Add paneer, coriander leaves, green chillies, black pepper powder, chaat masala powder and salt. Mix well
- Make desired shape cutlets out of the mix. Keep aside for 10 mins
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl to make a thin slurry. Keep aside
- Place vermicelli on a flat surface for the coating
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai
- Take a cutlet, dip it in the slurry then coat it with vermicelli from all the sides
- Now drop the cutlet in the oil and deep fry from all the sides
- Your Crispy Bites are ready. Serve hot with Ketchup or Chutney.